Packing Your Bag for Your Mentored Visit
Items that MUST be included at all times:
- WAGS Ambassador ID and animal’s tag (You will not have this yet, bring the “Congratulations letter” you received after the evaluation. See the above statement).
- Clean up materials (plastic Bags for feces removal, paper towels and disinfectant cleaner)
- Waterless hand cleaner
- Handout “Procedures for Handling an Incident” (Found in the Forms section on the members-only website) Be sure to make additional copies!
- WAGS Incident Report -- Found in the Forms section on the members-only website. (Be sure to make copies of this blank form)!
- Name and phone number of the Evaluator/Skilled Assistant who will be evaluating you. (This will be the name and number of the person conducting the MV)
- Pet’s current vaccination records
- Water and dish
- Hand sanitizer
- Towel to wipe your wipe your dog’s feet etc., in case of inclement weather or to use if your dog drools
Items that Must be included in addition to the above according to CDC Guidelines during times of infectious diseases. The most current list of these items can be found in the members only section of the website
- Hand sanitizer
- Waterless disinfectant cleaner (to clean up any accidents that may occur)
- 2% Chlorhexidine or acceptable cleaner for leash, collar, and harness
- Extra collar and extra 4-foot leash. You MUST HAVE an extra leash and collar for your pet- the extra leash and collar are to be switched out after you complete your visit
5.6.2 Optional Items to Pack in your WAGS Bag- The most current list of items can be found in the members-only section of the website
- Appropriate brush (soft bristles, like a baby’s brush, curry brush, hand mitt brush, anything soft, synthetic or rubber bristles that will not be able to scratch or poke the person you are visiting or your pet. You may also use a washcloth instead of a brush). Remember, the brush is not intended to actually groom your pet.
- Sticky roller brush
- WAGS Logo Wear for you and your pet
- Wet wipes or pre-moistened bath towelettes to clean your dog after visitation
- WAGS brochures and cards
- 4’ cloth of leather leash (If you plan to let someone “walk” your dog)
On your Mentored visit, your Evaluator/Skilled Assistant will look through the bag you have designated as your “WAGS” bag. You can purchase one with the WAGS logo or you can pack a bag of your own. Make sure it looks professional and clean.