Overview of Express Renewal
(Items we will be evaluating on the Express Renewal)
You are allowed to use treats on your visit
- Did team arrive on time?
- Was handler dressed appropriately?
- Was handler wearing proper ID (your badge)?
- Was pet groomed appropriately?
- How did the team enter the facility?
- Was pet wearing approved and appropriate level of equipment?
- WAGS bag checklist for your Express Renewal (highly suggest you include optional items too if possible)
__Facility contact information
__ WAGS incident report form
__ Copy of “Procedure for handling an incident”
__ Pet’s current vaccination records
__ Water and dish
__ Clean up materials (plastic bags, paper towels etc.)
__ Hand sanitizer
__ Disinfectant wipes (e.g. Clorox to clean up any accidents that may occur)
__ Wet wipes or pre-moistened bath towelettes to clean pet after visitation
__ Treats ___sticky roller brush
__ extra 4-foot leash. ___appropriate brush
__ WAGS logo wear self/pet
__ Towel to wipe pet’s feet in case of inclement weather
- Does the dog perform the “sit”?
- Does the dog perform the “down”?
- Taking a treat, is handler able to give proper instructions: and how does the dog take the treat?
- Able to perform “leave it”
- Sociability of the handler.
- Sociability of the animal.
- Visitation skills of the team.
- Bonus points for cue-based behaviors, e.g., paws up, backup, cued by a patient, visit, etc.