Tips for a Successful 1st Zoom WAGS Meeting
Have you used Zoom before on your device?
This means you may have already downloaded an APP to your device. It looks like this.
App seen on a Mac, smart phone or I pad (It may be different for Windows)
Check to make sure that you have the most recent version of Zoom installed Version 5.10.4 (6592). If not, update it the same as you would any other app you have installed on your computer, tablet or smart phone. In the upper left hand corner click on zoom.us and then click "check for updates".
Never used Zoom before? …then expect to have to download Zoom when you click the link.
INSTRUCTIONS for Devices
- Please start to join the meeting 15 minutes before 10 am
- Click on the “dark blue link” in your email and you will see prompts (boxes with questions). If there is no dark blue link, you need to highlight the link and right click to get into the Zoom meeting. If there are no questions, just open Zoom since you probably have the app already on your device.
- For first time Zoom on your devices, you will see these multiple prompts to download it.
- Click download and run Zoom, you will need to give it permission at every step
- If you get a question about letting Zoom access/control your camera, answer “yes” for this meeting.
- This gets you in; so be sure and connect with video and connect with audio (device audio). Or else we cannot see or hear you.
INSTRUCTIONS for Phone In (audio only)
It is simple and you do not need to have to download the ZOOM App.
- Some might prefer to dial in from a phone and just listen. Just dial the New York or Chicago phone number. When they answer, just follow their instructions to enter the Meeting ID and Password. If asked, use your First and Last name as WAGS knows you.
If USING “JOIN” from Zoom.us app. This is another way to get in the meeting.
- ..but you will need to put in the meeting ID and Password from your email if you click the App and click JOIN. If you have problems connecting on Saturday, please call Linda Carden at 502-267-6047 and she will trouble shoot with you.
Your WAGS Zoom Invitation
Your email invitation will be similar to the example below in . Use the dark blue link to connect on the date of your meeting. Look for your invitation. It may even be in your spam folder. It may be on the WAGS World website page.
Topic: WAGS Meeting ZOOM 5-9-22
Time: May 5, 2022 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Computer, Tablet, Smart Phone Link to Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 821 7280 8595
Hope to see you there.
WAGS Board and IT Committee